Ideal for the beginning or end of your journey to Namibia
Okambara lodge lies about an hour east Windhoeks international airport, at an altitude of 1600, in the middle of the okambara mountains. You'll be accommodated in either apartments, rondavels (bungalows with grassroofs) or in the newly renovated farmbuilding, the Parrothouse.
The Parrothouse, with its four towers, reminds one of a Victorian castle. The daily meals are served in a tastefully decorated livingroom, from where one has direct access to the terrace. In summer and on warm evenings, supper is held here. Very popular are the grillnights, where delicious braai (grilled antelopemeat) is prepared. The terrace offers a view of the two bordering waterholes, around which the kudu, impala, oryx and more are found at night. Elephants and rhinos can be tracked down on gamedrives close to the lodge. A breathtaking view is offered in the mountainhouse: situated above the pool, the bungalow with two rooms has place for up to four people.
Special offers of the Okambara Elephant Lodge:
- 4 big and comfortable apartments for two people with own bath and minibar
- 1 family apartment with two bedrooms, own bath and minibar
- 2 rondavels for two people with own bath and minibar
- large terrace with grill facilities, oven and a fireplace
- swimming pool in treeshade
- Sundowner gamedrives to elephants and rhinos
- cheetah feeding