The lodge is nestled at the foot of Twyfelfontein sandstone formations, with sweeping views of the vast plain of the Aba-Huab valley, just 4 km from the famous Twyfelfontein rock engravings. The house is a bit bigger, but very pleasant and wonderfully integrated into the landscape.
Rustic cosiness and stylish elegance need not be mutually exclusive: the traditionally designed Twyfelfontein Country Lodge blends in organically with the surrounding rocky mountain panorama and yet looks chic with its grass garden and kidney-shaped pool. They are an excellent choice for nature-loving vacationers with a penchant for atmospheric desert landscapes.
Highlights of Twyfelfontein Country Lodge
- Top location on a UNESCO World Heritage Valley
- Varied offer of activities
- Many prehistoric murals in the area
- Overnight in wonderfully cozy rooms
The lodge also offers a drive to the desert elephants. You should not miss this!
Experienced and well-trained staff will accompany you on excursions in the area. Other than trips to the murals of Twyfelfontein, there are other unique things to do and see.
- Guided tours where animals are observed like desert elephants and the visitor learns about the area
- Exploration of the southern sky by telescope and with in-house astronomer
- Moonlight dinner
- Guided hiking tours
- Visit of the living museum of Damara and getting to know its traditional culture
- Also visit the dolerite pillars, known as "organ pipes", and the "Burnt Mountain"